Disney Publishing has released its first Android application, "Winnie the Pooh: What’s a Bear to Do?". It’s an interactive children’s book, starring one of the most loved characters of our childhood, that’s sure to be a hit with any pint-sized Android lovers you have scurrying
underfoot around the house. It’s more than just an eBook, though. Features of the app include:
- Read in any of 5 languages: English, French, German, Spanish, or Japanese!
- Professional narration, sound effects, and Winnie the Pooh background music
- Readers can record their voice or their child’s reading the story
- Three reading modes to suit any reader’s mood: Read to Me, Use My Recording, and Auto Turn pages
- Four interactive jigsaw puzzles
- Tap ‘n’ Play surprises throughout the story – several new animated sequences added for Android
- Pooh’s Cupboard matching game ties in to the story and reinforces color recognition
- Visual Index allows readers to jump to their favorite page or puzzle
Disney’s published a video (after the break) and I have to say, this looks very nicely done. It’s a name your child is sure to know and love, and time spent with a book (even of the application variety) certainly beats time spent in front of the television. You can grab it from the Android Market (devices running 2.0 and higher) for $2.99. The link as well as that video, is after the break.